Updated: Oct 28, 2020
If you're scared of getting creative in the kitchen, investing in a few quality kitchen gadgets can elevate your cooking game to the next level. A fool proof method for cooking meat is throwing it into a slow cooker with bone broth, a ton of fresh herbs and your favourite vegetables. Set the timer and return home after a long day of work to a #basicAF and delicious, well-balanced meal. I personally love the Instant Pot where you have the option to make a "slow cooked" quality meal in less than an hour. Or if you are looking for an INVESTMENT piece, I strongly recommend this air fryer that offers various functions from heating up a piece of toast, to making pizza, to baking cookies, to air frying vegetables, to slow roasting! The options are literally endless and cuts your cooking time in half - perfect for increasing the efficiency of your meal prep day!
If you’re still eating boneless, skinless chicken breast at each meal your doing it wrong.
Not only is muscle meat higher in omega 6 fats, which can activate inflammatory pathways when imbalanced with adequate intake of omega 3 fats, but you are also missing out on the benefits of EPA and DHA, found in 100% grass fed and finished beef (as well as wild seafood, oysters and pasture raised eggs). While Omega 6 fats ARE essential to a healthy brain, the standard diet includes FAR too many of them in the form of linoleic acid - they are now the predominant fatty acid found in the grain and seed oils that are added to the majority of packaged foods from salad dressings to protein bars, pushing average consumption to a 20:1 ratio of omega6 to omega 3 fats. The ultimate goal is to consume a 1:1 ratio. Try out @TruLocal for quality and sustainably sourced grass fed and finished red meat to balance your healthy fats - from Nov 1st to Nov 30th, you can use the promo code “SEMIAHFIT” to receive 3lbs of FREE grass fed and finished meat on your first regular box order and 2lbs on every future order. Or 2lbs in the small box with 1lb free on every future order.
-@TruLocal Top Sirloin Roast
-Coarse Sea Salt & Black Pepper
-Whole garlic cloves
-Your favourite vegetables - we used carrots, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts
-Beef bone broth
1. Cut slits into your roast and insert whole garlic cloves - use as many as you like, we LOVE garlic so we used 5-6 for a 2.5lbs roast
2. Season generously with a steak spice seasoning or the individual seasonings listed above. If you have fresh thyme and rosemary on hand you can throw that into the slow cooker as well for added flavour
3. Sear each side of the roast with avocado oil on med high heat for 2-3 mins per side on stovetop
4. Chop up onions and add into slow cooker dish
5. Chop your favourite vegetables into thick chunks and surround your roast
6. Fill the slow cooker with enough bone broth to fully submerge the meat and vegetables. You can purchase a quality organic bone broth such as Wild Moon Organics at Nature's Fare or make your own (which takes less than 2hrs on the high pressure function in an instant pot!)
7. Set the slow cooker to low for 8hrs and come home to a delicious meal tonight!