Try out this dairy free and drool worthy chowder recipe on your next date night in.
* 4 cups cauliflower florets
* 1lb cod, diced into 1 inch cubes
* 1/2lb crab meat chopped into 1 inch pieces
* 3 cups chicken bone broth
* 1 tsp sea salt
* 4 slices bacon sugar free & nitrate free
* 1 onion chopped
* 2 stalks celery chopped
* 3 garlic cloves minced
* 1 tsp fresh thyme
* 2 cups diced potatoes
* 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
* 1/2 bottle clam juice
* Salt and pepper to taste
* chopped parsley for garnish
* In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower florets, broth, and sea salt, and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes until the cauliflower is fork tender.
* Use an immersion blender or transfer to a blender, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
* Heat a Dutch oven or a large pot over medium heat and fry the bacon slices until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan and crumble, leaving the bacon grease in the pot.
* Add onion, celery, garlic, and thyme to the bacon grease, and sauté until tender, about 7 minutes.
* Add potatoes and blended cauliflower, let everything come to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
* Stir in coconut milk and clam juice. Add more broth if you like your chowder thinner in consistency.
* Add cod and crab meat and cook for 1-2 mins.
* Add salt and pepper, to taste.
* Serve hot, sprinkled with bacon bits and parsley flakes